Upcoming Projects


In my former life, I must have been a carpenter or worked with my hands because every time I run across something old & beat up, I have this strong urge to take it home and fix it or "sand it down and put a fresh coat of paint on it".  Upon sight, my mind starts racing with the endless possibilities of this piece of treasured "junk" I'm looking at.  Yesterday, these are the two items I brought home.  I am anxious to begin the process of turning them into something unique. 

My plans for the medicine cabinet:
Scrape off paint
Sand it
Re-install the top part of it (see the spaces in between?)
Add a new mirror
Paint it
Glue hooks and knobs on the inside only
The final product will be a place to store my accessories.

























My plans for the table:
Give it a good cleaning
I actually like the distressed look, so 
Option 1  ~  Sand and paint the top part of the table (except the middle of it)
Option 2  ~  Leave it as is 
Have glass cut to fit on top of it
The final product will be an end table to place my lamp on.  


Popular Posts