ATL


I left my job of 6+ years to take a shot at being a claims adjuster, so we made the long drive to Atlanta.  I was excited and anxious until my friend caught his flight back to TX, then fear and doubt came rushing in.  I was left alone in a state I'd never been to.  On top of that, I had orientation the very next day.  It was all a very confusing process, but once the ball got rolling, it kept rolling.  For 6 weeks I worked 12 hour days, booked different airbnbs to stay in, even shared a house with 2 girls I met at work.  After a long day of work, we would sit on the patio and smoke, talk, and laugh.   When the assignment finally ended, we spent our last days exploring Atlanta.  We went to a haunted house, Stone Mountain, thrift stores, etc.  
Then, it was time to make the long drive back to TX, alone.  It all felt so surreal.  I learned what taking a leap of faith felt like.  lesson: on the other side of fear could be your destiny.














Then, it was time to go.  Back to..... 

 

Comments

Popular Posts