When her words used to make my heart skip a beat...

Thursday, October 28, 2010



That night when we first spoke, I left a secret in your heart
telling you to need me amidst any fear or doubt
I wrote all of my intentions in the corner of your chest
singing a soothing lullaby to your mind I laid to rest
I may not know the words to the song you were born to sing
but I knew my love would be never ending like the purpose of a ring
placed apon your finger to remind you of me
there is sometimes nothing scarier than the thought of eternity
I promised not to promise you anything at all
and like others, there is a chance that we might sometimes fall
but that I would always carry you ,if you needed that of me
and that we could watch our dreams grow like the roots of a tree
planted by believers who had a purpose in mind
who decided not to get lost in the worlds version of time
How in your arms I forget how to hold myself together
and that I want our story to be like the knitting of a sweater
I told you I was searching for my rhythm in the dark
and it was in you I begin to find my spark
I wanted to take your picture, and frame it in my heart
because if there ever came a time where we must part
there you'll be
and I will remind you that you have the key
that unlocks and locks it
and you may enter and leave as you please
but please be aware that your footprints leave a trace
and that sometimes when I'm alone I might follow it one day
back to the place where it all begin
where I left a secret in the dark with a new found friend.

Labels:

Wednesday, October 27, 2010



She is my anthem

She is my anthem, my rhythm, my blues
and if you hear me, know that I am speaking to you
I want to sing her at the top of my lungs
and if I can not sing, then I shall play her my
words like a drum
She is my melody, my beat, my song
surely this is bliss at a stage so young
I want to hum her as I take my daily walk
She is my symphony that plays as I talk
I want to tap my feet when she comes around
a feeling like this dares not be bound
I want to glide my fingers across her piano keys
as she dances to my music as if she were a breeze
I want to tug at the strings of her guitar
to assure her that I will never ever be to far
I want her to know she is my anthem, my rhythm, my blues
and that she is the one, I'll spend forever pledging my love's allegiance to.

Popular Posts