a dream

it wasn't bad, it wasn't good.  I was in the "can", anyone from there knows where that is.  At my great grandmother's house. Broderick and this older lady was giving me a ride to work.  Before we drove off, I told them I needed to take Zab in the house.  I carried him inside.  My mom was in the back room. I told her I was getting ready to go to work and that I'd be back.  I asked her was she ok and she said no.  I sat down and asked her what was wrong.  She began to ramble about something I couldn't understand, so I asked her what kind of medicines the doctors had her on.  She showed me.  I told her to not take them anymore. She was not well, physically or emotionally.  She began to tell me about her living situation.  I told her to come live with me, and asked if she would like that.  I saw relief in her eyes.  I told her either we could get a place of her choice or she could move with me..  I reassured her everything would be ok.  She laid down.  I began to move the bed, as if to rock her to sleep.  I wanted to grab her, hug her, just touch her, but my mother didn't like to be touched so I knew better.  I could see them through the open door waiting for me but I couldn't leave her until I knew she was ok.  My uncle Kenneth was there shuffling around the house as he normally did, not saying a word - just quietly observing things.  My uncle was a tall, lean man but in my dream he was heavy set.  Anyway, I saw Broderick and the lady leaving - they must have been tired of waiting.  I tried to call after them but they drove off.  I reserved an uber who got there in less than 5 minutes.  I was running outside because he was just getting ready to pull off.  He was in a minivan, a blue one.  I got in the back seat.  He said he had met my mom once and that she was interesting.. he was telling me about their interaction when I woke up.

I had to write this down before I forgot.  The dream seemed so real.  I hate that she wasn't happy in the dream, but I did everything I could to make her that way.


Comments

Popular Posts