My Heartbeats

I just woke up from an odd dream.  It was about Zab.  I was explaining to them why I couldn't let the guy have him.  Zab would not make it without Macie.  That is a fact.  Dogs aren't like humans.  Once they have an attachment albeit to their owner, or another animal - their survival and livelihood is based on keeping that attachment/connection.  Once the connection is gone, they can't function as they normally do.  I remember in the dream, considering letting the guy take him because I knew he would be in good hands, and it would a little easier with one dog instead of two.  But as I sat there telling him about Zab's personality, I was describing at the same time why I couldn't let him go.  I just thought it was a weird dream to have.  Dreams are a different world where we have no control.  But as I wake up and look next to my bed, and see Zab sprawled out on the floor, it feels good to have a little bit of control of keeping him next to me a little while longer.

Popular Posts